Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 July 2011

REDFEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where to even freaking well start is beyond me. So I'll do it this way.

My main musical highlights have to be, in order of favourite, Modestep, the Qemists, pearl and the puppets, ryan keen, floors and walls, and I may as well mention lower than alantis even though I preferred everything listed. And they where good it's just that I got soaked while watching them. In the dark. With only a tent to go back to. You get the idea.

Main general highlights in order of how ever the fuck i can remember them have got to be first off the atmosphere at modestep (friday night) because it was fucking sick. then the atmosphere at the qemists (saturday night) because it was a fantastic fusion of drum'n'bass, dubstep and screemo metal, and no one was moshing because everyone including myself was ever so slightly if not very hungover. Other little things that happened really made the weekend as well. Like this gay guy with pink hair just goes (as he was walking past our tent) Oh my god ! is that a tatoo on your neck, because I had a transfer butterfly on my neck, and I said, ''no it's fake, and I love your hair by the way'' as it was bright pink, and he replied with ''oh ! thank you I love your eye make up''.

Okay now onto the juice, no quite literally I am actually going to try and remember what i have drunk this weekend. Friday; near enough a litre bottle of srong barcardi mix that I made. and a shit load of cider. Saturday, today, I don't fucking know day; can of cider with breakfast, as you do, more barcardi mix, and then in the space of an hour maybe less, 1 dark rum shot, three liquorice sambuca shots and then some straight whisky courtesy of Tom J LOL. So needless to say Qemists were freaking amazing with that buzz and it was after that me Rupert and David stumbled oh so gracefully back to outside our tent, and literally just fell on the floor and probably didn't move for a good half an hour and it was at this point that the second quite nice thing happened a guy to just came over to me while I was almost passed out on the floor tapped me on my shoulder so I would look up at him and said ''you are fit !'' a REALLY creative line I know but still I thought it was nice at the time. All in all a rather good weekend but lowlights if any are the following, my neck canes like a bitch, my head is pounding, I got really badly burnt, and I have to go to work in 2 hours.
So in the words of modestep, FUCK.

here's some links for any bands mentioned.

pearl and the puppets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsYsaat08Q another good one is called kisses. They were good because as previously mentioned, the audience were all hungover.
modestep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r26y--evIw They were Epic live. From the front. Fuck yes.
Qemists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRfWhBWDAsc&feature=related Not sure if this was the same as the live version but it's pretty similar.


Ryan Keen. actually watch this please.




Anarchy and Insanity xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment