Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 January 2012

FUCK THIS

I hate being ill. Granted I don't think I know anyone that likes, feeling and looking like shit (any more than normal) and possibly sounding you swallowed a harmonica...but. I'm English ok. Nuff said.

And for anyone that is really, really bored. Here is the first rough version of my writing to entertain coursework.

You know This Is True, You're Just In Denial.

This is a matter that I have thought about greatly for a while, been told about greatly by all of my male acquaintances and I feel it is time for it to be addressed. Girls. Yes you. Every single one of you with maybe one or two exceptions have done at least one of the following things. I obviously cannot prove this so I'll leave it to you to deicide, but if you don't own up then your either, way to perfect for everyone or a liar. And If you are a guy then by all means carry on reading but I really don't think you'll find out anything new. By no means am I going to be completely stereotypical and only accept my side of this argument, Guys are also frustrating, this is not something that I will for a minute try to dispute (being a straight girl myself). I'm simply arguing this point because I feel as though it is hardly touched on. And sometimes almost deliberately avoided.

Lets get something straight. Humans are flawed. Women are, and men are. But everything from teenage girls, to the media constantly points a finger at the male population for all of their wrongs and women are frequently and quite falsely labelled as these goddesses that can do know wrong. Worse still, any woman that has had friends in her life will tell you what utter crap that is. Girls are evil, deceitful, snake tongued creatures at times and this just gets overlooked as if it where some dust on the banister. Whereas a guy does one small thing wrong and is shunned by the girl, her parents and
her friends. Popular culture as recently been flooded with these ideas that no matter what the situation, the man is to blame. For instance in a classic romance novel or film If the man cheats or ends it with her he is then automatically made into the bad guy, this is fair enough for cheating and maybe for a messy breakup, but the idea that whatever was wrong could even slightly have been the girls fault is just not even possible, or mentioned. This is even more noticeable in fictional situations where the woman has in fact cheated on the man and the plot is twisted to make it seem, almost justified because she 'fell in love with someone she wasn't allowed to' or 'her partner was not emotionally there for her', fact is; She still cheated and simply because she is a woman she gets given the moral foreground either way and the man is portrayed as useless typical man.

I also feel compelled to mention the so called 'double standard' by this I mean the fact that as of recent years women have been striving to get more independence and they've been getting it. And yet as soon as they date they're putting themselves back where they started. By either expecting their significant other to pay for them or even just constantly look after her. I am by no means saying that women now have to pay for themselves otherwise equality is destined to fail. But it is simply hypocritical to expect the the rights of men, and still expect the niceties of being a weak little princess. Same goes for high maintenance girlfriends, I know you're out there. Most likely wearing something very expensive that you 'just had to have' and got using your tried and tested puppy dog face. He should buy you things because he wants to make you happy if that is how he feels, not because he was damn near forced to. And that said when was the last time you did something sweet for him? Don't expect what you aren't willing to give back.

On a side note to that feminism itself or modern feminism anyway is uncalled for. Because as I'm sure you've heard someone else say it is trying to achieve equality by focussing entirely on the issues of one gender. When surely to achieve equality you need to be trying to help both sides. As previously mentioned, now because of feminism the male population are overly scrutinised for any wrong they do and whenever they feel like it they can just accuse men of being discriminative and mostly get what they want. On the radio the other day I heard the phrase 'Women and men' used in a news report and found myself annoyed that the so called 'fight for rights' had gotten that far. It's not injustice, it's not cruelty it's simply tradition, the same as the woman taking the man's name in marriage, which I hasten to add is not even required any more.

Moving on to slightly more shallow flaws I have noticed, one of which being the fact that girls shamelessly fish for compliments, and I know this one to be true because I have noticed myself doing it. Think how many times you have been with your girlfriends or your boyfriend and said something like ''uh I look horrible today'' or ''I wish I was pretty'' to get the ''no you don't, you look gorgeous'' or the ''But you are'' response from whoever you are with. My response to this would not actually be coherent so we'll leave it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment